To apply for the position of Pastor, please click the link below this paragraph. After completing the online application, and clicking Submit, an email will be sent to you confirming receipt of your application.
If you would like to contact our search team, you may send an email to: SSBCPastorSearchTeam@gmail.com
Springfield Southern Baptist Church is a Southern Baptist Bible-centered church. Our pastor of 27+ years has recently retired. We are seeking a full-time Pastor to provide leadership, Biblical preaching, teaching and pastoral care that will continue to accomplish our mission. Our church is ready to embark on building a new church facility on the west side of Springfield. View our Church/Community Profile (PDF).
Responsibilities of the Pastor will include:
- Deliver personal and engaging sermons which are biblically based
- Lead and support church ministries through counseling and visitations
- Lead public services and ceremonies
- Manage and develop staff
- Provide direction, guidance and support to teams
- Execute church strategy and goals in the areas of Worship, Education, Evangelism, Prayer, Service, Fellowship, and Administration
- Graduate of a Southern Baptist Seminary
- Church overseer as outlined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9 and 1 Peter 5:1-2
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years’ experience in ministry
- Demonstrated experience with church growth
- Demonstrated gifts in the areas of leadership, teaching and compassion